As part of producing Agile metrics for our teams using the Jira Connector, we need more than what's provided in the current ERD for the Jira Connector.
In particular, a Scrum board will have multiple sprints and the current ERD does not bring the relationship between issues being in multiple sprints. It would be great to have another dimension(s) for each issues that list the sprints they were part of. In fact, it would be more useful to have a sprint table that lists all issues per sprints with their start, end date of being in the sprint, when they were completed during the sprint...
The way the data works is this way:
- Issues go into Jira projects
- Issues go into Boards:
- There can be many projects contributing to a board; API to get those projects
- This API gets all the issues, except Epics on a board
- This API gets all the Epics on a board
- This API gets all the sprints belonging to a board
- Issues go into one to many Sprints
- This API gets all the issues belonging to a sprint (on a board); issues can be in many sprints
There are multiple ways to get what Atlassian calls the Agile information into the ingestion of data, but w/o that information, it will be impossible to product agile reports like velocity, completion rate, what epics teams are working on during certain sprints, how spread or how focused they are in their work, or try to predict delivery date based on those information and more.
If you technical team wants to discuss further, I’m more than happy to get on a video chat and discuss the needs and other issues I’ve found.