Hi FiveTran Team,
Would we be able to add this to the existing Instagram Connector?
IGTV media and metrics now available in Instagram Graph API (exclusive to Graph API v10.0)
We are excited to share that IGTV media and metrics are now available in the Instagram Graph API. This enhancement to the API will expand developer access to features that have become an integral part of the Instagram experience for people, businesses, publishers, and creators.
Beginning today, March 16, developers that have upgraded to Graph API v10.0 will be able to interact with IGTV objects as explained in the Key Details section below. Two additional fields have also been added to help developers distinguish IGTV videos and fetch video titles.
As there are no new endpoints or permissions, IGTV media and metrics will become automatically available on developers’ apps, and developers will not need to put their apps through additional App Review as long as their apps have already been approved for the appropriate permission access levels.
IGTV media and metrics will only be available via API if:
- users first publish IGTV media via the Instagram mobile app, the IGTV mobile app, or Creator Studio. IGTV media cannot be published via API.
- users have “Post a Preview” or “Share Preview to Feed" enabled/toggled on during the IGTV media publishing process. See here (https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/225190788256708) and here (https://www.facebook.com/business/help/3190421924308259...) for more details on enabling “Post a Preview” or “Share Preview to Feed".
IGTV media and metrics will be available on endpoints associated with the following purposes/use cases:
- retrieving media, insights, and mentions
- comment moderation
- hashtag search
- business discovery
Two new fields created:
- media_product_type: Allows identification of different Instagram surfaces (IGTV, Feed, Story, Ads)
- video_title: Text of the IGTV video title used
- IGTV will not be available via Webhooks
Please refer to our developer documentation (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api) and changelog (https://developers.facebook.com/.../instagram-api/changelog/) for more details.