The following dashboard alert appears:
Cannot Drop Column Because Other Objects Depend on It
- Delete the view that contains the depreciated column.
- Wait for the sync to succeed.
- Re-create the deleted view.
- Drop outdated columns from your destination.
- Recreate your views.
- Drop the old columns by running the query referenced in the task on the dashboard.
When Fivetran changes a column type, we rename the column. Next, Fivetran creates a new column with the new type. After that, we drop the old version of the column.
Your destination contains views that reference the old versions of these columns, which prevents us from dropping them. In addition, because we no longer update the old columns, your views are increasingly out-of-date.