There is a discrepancy between your warehouse data and data in the Google Ads UI.
Connector: Google Ads
Difference in conversions
If there is a slight difference in conversion values, this is likely due to the conversion window. The conversion window is not necessarily configured in the report definition, but it is the amount of time Fivetran syncs back in time for conversions.
If there are conversions beyond the time that is configured in the connector, then these will be missed that are present in the UI. If you want to avoid discrepancies like this, you will need to increase your conversion window in the Fivetran config. Please note that this will increase MAR because the connector will sync data further back in time.
Visit our Documentation for more information on the conversion window.
Difference in impression counts
If the ClickType parameter is configured, then this may cause a difference in impression counts. You can find more information in this troubleshooting article.
Difference in summed values, counts, or missing rows
The Google Ads API ;returns rows with zero metric values only if the report does not contain segments. If the report contains segments, the rows with zero metric values are excluded. Unlike the older AdWords API, the Google Ads API does not support the
includeZeroImpressions parameter. This is highlighted in the Fivetran Google Ads documentation.
Field not available in the ERD diagram
The field may only be available for sync as part of a custom report. Steps to sync it:
- Search Google's documentation to identify the field and the report it is related to
- Create a custom report with the specified Report / Resource Name for the field
- Select the field first when creating the report to ensure there are no incompatible fields selected before it
Google Performance Max Report
For info on how to sync this report, visit our guide to Performance Max Campaigns.
- Ensure that your report configuration in the Google Ads UI matches exactly with the connector configuration. If there is a difference, then this may result in a difference in aggregation which may show up as a discrepancy.
- The money amount values are stored in micro-currency for certain tables. See the information below the ERD diagram in the Docs.
If the above points do not explain the discrepancy
- Follow recommendations for Validation as outlined in our Google Ads Data Integrity Validation Guidelines.
- If there is still a discrepancy, please submit a ticket to Fivetran Support including the following information:
- Confirmation the discrepancy is different than the above-outlined known causes.
- Screenshot showing the data in the Google Ads UI, including the connector configuration and specific records that show the discrepancy.
- Screenshots of warehouse query and output showing the effected columns and id,
- Warehouse query in text.