What is the recommended approach to validate data integrity between the Google Ads UI and Fivetran synced connector tables?
Connector: Google Ads
Custom Report or Prebuilt ERD Tables:
- Build the report in the Google UI Report Editor using the same fields that are configured in the connector report or prebuilt table.
- For comparisons related to conversions, ensure the conversion window set in the connector configuration matches the conversion window set in Google:
- View the Instructions section of the About conversion windows Google documentation to learn how to view/edit the conversion window in Google.
- Query the connector-created warehouse table using a simplified query:
- Don't sum data if possible.
- Compare data in small date ranges.
- If there is a difference in the comparisons, alter the query to aim to narrow down where the difference may be:
- Simplify the query as much as possible.
- Reduce the date range.
- Remove Sums from the query to aim to identify specific records with different values or are not present in each result.
It is common practice for customers to complete data validation between source Applications and the Fivetran synced data.
In some cases, these comparisons can show apparent data discrepancies due to how data is viewed or presented in the UI. For information on potential causes of data discrepancies, see this troubleshooting article.