Oracle Fusion Cloud Applications is a suite of SaaS applications for business functions.
You can sync data from the following Oracle Fusion Cloud Applications:
|Data blocking||check||Column level|
|Fivetran data models|
Follow our step-by-step Oracle Fusion Cloud Applications setup guide to connect your Oracle Fusion Cloud Applications with your destination using Fivetran.
Fivetran uses Business Intelligence Cloud Connector (BICC) to sync data from Oracle Fusion Cloud Applications to your destination. Once we connect to your Oracle instance, we create BICC extract jobs for each object. The connector manages the life cycle of the extract jobs.
During syncs, the connector creates submit schedules for the BICC jobs. We extract the data files from Oracle UCM and sync the data to your destination.
We use the BICC Extract Active Primary Key job to fetch the list of active records. We mark the non-active records as deleted.
The connector syncs the View Objects as they are available in the Oracle Fusion databases.
Fivetran only supports Universal Content Management (UCM) for storing the BICC extract job files.
Fivetran creates and manages the BICC extract jobs. Do not manually edit the Fivetran jobs or create schedules.
Fivetran marks source tables as Excluded By System in the dashboard:
- If the datastore is inactive.
- If the datastore is not part of an offering.
- If the datastore does not contain a primary key.
The connector performs an automatic re-import:
- If the BICC job is scheduled by an entity other than Fivetran. We perform a re-import to fix data integrity issues.
- We need access to the active primary keys file to capture deletes. By default, the files are removed from UCM in 90 days. If the previous files are removed, we perform a re-import to capture the deletes.
- We submit the BICC jobs and store the information of the BICC jobs. If the connector is paused (from the Fivetran dashboard or using the REST API) when we submit the jobs, the next sync may cause data integrity issues. We automatically perform a re-sync.
View Object to database lineage mappinglink
|Data Source||Oracle Lineage Mapping Spreadsheet|
|Customer Experience (CX)||Mapping Spreadsheet|
|Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)||Mapping Spreadsheet|
|Supply Chain Management (SCM)||Mapping Spreadsheet|
|Human Capital Management (HCM)||Mapping Spreadsheet|
NOTE: Oracle ERP and SCM share the same lineage mapping spreadsheet because Oracle treats both the applications as the Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) application.
Syncing empty tables and columnslink
Fivetran can sync empty tables and columns for your Oracle Fusion Cloud Applications connector. For more information, see our Features documentation.
Unsupported data typeslink
The connector doesn’t support the BLOB and CLOB data types.