This package enriches your Fivetran data by doing the following:
- Adds descriptions to tables and columns that are synced using Fivetran
- Adds column-level testing where applicable. For example, all ID fields are tested for non-null values.
- Models staging tables, which will be used in our transform package
Please be aware that the dbt_sage_intacct and dbt_sage_intacct_source packages were developed with single-currency company data. As such, the package models will not reflect accurate totals if your account has multi-currency enabled. If multi-currency functionality is desired, we welcome discussion to support this in a future version.
This package contains staging models, designed to work simultaneously with our Sage Intacct transform package. The staging models are designed to:
- Remove any rows that are soft-deleted
- Name columns consistently across all packages:
- Boolean fields are prefixed with
- Timestamps are appended with
- ID primary keys are prefixed with the name of the table. For example, the
gl_detailtable’s recordno column is renamed
- Foreign keys include the table that they refer to. For example, ap_bill_item’s
- Boolean fields are prefixed with
Add the following configuration to your
packages: - package: fivetran/sage_intacct_source version: [">=0.1.0", "<0.2.0"]
By default, this package looks for your Sage Intacct data in the
sage_intacct schema of your target database. If this is not where your Sage Intacct data is, add the following configuration to your
... config-version: 2 vars: sage_intacct_database: your_database_name sage_intacct_schema: your_schema_name
This package allows users to add additional columns to the
Columns passed through must be present in the upstream source tables. See below for an example of how the passthrough columns should be configured within your
... vars: sage_intacct_source: sage_account_pass_through_columns: ['new_custom_field', 'custom_field_2'] sage_gl_pass_through_columns: ['custom_field_3', 'custom_field_4']
Disabling and Enabling Modelslink
When setting up your Sage Intacct connection in Fivetran, it is possible that not every table this package expects will be synced. This can occur because you either don’t use that functionality in Sage or have actively decided to not sync some tables. In order to disable the relevant functionality in the package, you will need to add the relevant variables.
By default, all variables are assumed to be
true. You only need to add variables for the tables you would like to disable:
config-version: 2 vars: sage_intacct__using_invoices: false # default is true sage_intacct__using_bills: false # default is true
Change the Build Schemalink
By default, this package builds the Sage Intacct staging models within a schema titled (<target_schema> +
_stg_sage_intacct) in your target database. If this is not where you would like your Sage Intacct staging data to be written to, add the following configuration to your
... models: sage_intacct_source: +schema: my_new_schema_name # leave blank for just the target_schema
Additional contributions to this package are very welcome! Please create issues
or open PRs against
main. Check out
on the best workflow for contributing to a package.
This package has been tested on Spark, BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL, and Databricks.
Databricks Dispatch Configurationlink
v0.20.0 introduced a new project-level dispatch configuration that enables an “override” setting for all dispatched macros. If you are using a Databricks destination with this package, you need to add the dispatch configuration below (or a variation of that configuration) within your
dbt_project.yml. This is required in order for the package to accurately search for macros within the
dbt-labs/spark_utils then the
dbt-labs/dbt_utils packages respectively.
dispatch: - macro_namespace: dbt_utils search_order: ['spark_utils', 'dbt_utils']
- Provide feedback on our existing dbt packages or what you’d like to see next
- Have questions or feedback, or need help? Book a time during our office hours here or shoot us an email at email@example.com.
- Find all of Fivetran’s pre-built dbt packages in our dbt hub
- Learn how to orchestrate your models with Fivetran Transformations for dbt Core™
- Learn more about Fivetran overall in our docs
- Check out Fivetran’s blog
- Learn more about dbt in the dbt docs
- Check out Discourse for commonly asked questions and answers
- Join the chat on Slack for live discussions and support
- Find dbt events near you
- Check out the dbt blog for the latest news on dbt’s development and best practices