Performance Max Campaigns Explained
- What are Performance Max Campaigns?
- How to sync Performance Max Campaigns
Google Ads - Google Ads API
1. What are Performance Max Campaigns?
Performance Max is a new goal-based campaign type that allows performance advertisers to access all of their Google Ads inventory from a single campaign.
- Performance Max uses machine learning models to optimize bids and placements to drive conversions or conversion value for your goals, but you provide important inputs like audience signals (including your customer data), and high quality text, images, and video that can significantly improve your campaign performance.
- Inputs are automatically taken from asset groups and used to serve the most appropriate ad
Find out more in the About Performance Max Campaigns documentation.
2. How to sync Performance Max Campaigns
To sync Performance Max Campaign data, include the below configurations in your Connector report configuration:
- Report Name:
campaign(Campaign Resource From Google Ads API)
- Include the Field:
- Performance Max campaigns have an AdvertisingChannelType of PERFORMANCE_MAX.
- Ad Group cannot be selected. The Performance Max Campaign report cannot be segmented by Asset Group.
- This is outlined in Google Documentation for Performance Max Reports.
- No AdvertisingChannelSubType should be set.
- This is outlined in Google's Create a Performance Max Campaign documentation.
- It is not possible to view Performance Max Campaigns at the ad level. This is because Custom ads are served in an automated way based on inputs from Asset Groups.