The customer would like to export and import channels between environments. E.g Prod and Dev.
On the HVR Hub homepage click on the Channels option on the left sidebar.
2. Select the checkbox beside the Channel icon to export all Hub channels. Alternatively, channels can be selected individually by clicking on the check box beside their name.
3. On the Channel page click on the more options menu
and select Export Channel Definition from the pop up menu.
4. In the Export Channel dialog, choose the scope of data to be exported and click Export.
5. Select desired storage location for the json output file and click save.
6. On the HVR Hub homepage click on the Channels option on the left sidebar.
7. On the Channels page, click the More Options icon
at the top right and select Import Channel Definitions.
8. Browse for the location of the json export file generated in step 5 and click open.
9. The import summary pop up dialog box shows the details of the import. Click on the continue option to proceed.
Please note ***
Two channels with the same name are not allowed on a hub. Therefore, when importing a channel with the name that already exists on the hub, the Import Summary dialog will ask you how to proceed:
Rename - Preserve the existing channel and add the channel being imported with a new name derived from the original name with an ascending number appended (starting with 2). For example, when importing channel mychannel, it will be added to the hub with name mychannel2. If the imported channel mychannel contains locations loc_a and loc_b that exist on the hub, this will also import 2 locations with names loc_a2 and loc_b2 to the hub, but channel mychannel2 will contain locations loc_a and loc_b (not the renamed locations loc_a2 and loc_b2).
Replace - The existing channel will be replaced with the imported one.