How To Rename an HVR channel
Customer has 2 separate hubs with the same name “hvrhub” and the same channels, “demo_live” and “demo_time” and the same source “ora_b”. The only difference is the targets. Targets are pre-prod and prod. This causes HVR files to be delete that the other needs resulting in errors. It is not recommended to have this configuration because both capture jobs store the checkpoints in same place on a shared drive and they remove each other's files.
The way to resolve this was to rename one of the channels which results in a different directory tree under $HVR_CONFIG filesystem
Simply rename one of the hubs channels but just remember to suspend jobs, regenerate Script & Jobs Then restart.
Note that HVR does not cleanup to the old jobs names in the scheduler so it may be best to ensure the only ones are manually deleted to avoid confusion in the future.
Rename the channel by selecting the channel on the selected hub, right click and select properties.
2. Click to pop-up message to confirm and automatically make the changes.
3. Re-Initialize selecting Scripts & Jobs only
4. (Optional) Rename the tables on the target database so the updated channel name was included (for this client)
5. Copy the files from the old router folder into the new router folder for the channel.
6. (Optional) Recreate the schedule on the compare. The time of the schedule automatically populated.
7. Remove the old router folders