How to troubleshoot hvrmaint error hvrhttpreq: F_JG3529 Couldn't resolve host name for slack alert
1) The first step to troubleshoot this error is checking if the slack server is reachable to HVR user
This can be found out by running below commands as HVR user
- ping hooks.slack.com
- nslookup hooks.slack.com
- traceroute hooks.slack.com
Case 1) If you get results like below. It means that an HVR user cannot reach the slack server and you need to work with the network team to fix this.
- ping hooks.slack.com ping: unknown host hooks.slack.com
- nslookup hooks.slack.com Server: 10.220.220.220 Address: 10.220.220.220#53 ** server can't find hooks.slack.com: NXDOMAIN
- traceroute hooks.slack.com hooks.slack.com: Name or service not known Cannot handle "host" cmdline arg `hooks.slack.com' on position 1 (argc 1)
Case 2) If you get results like below it means the slack server is reachable. In this case, more information will be required for investigation.
Pinging hooks.slack.com \[188.8.131.52\] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 184.108.40.206: bytes=32 time=233ms TTL=239
Reply from 220.127.116.11: bytes=32 time=275ms TTL=239
Reply from 18.104.22.168: bytes=32 time=260ms TTL=239
Reply from 22.214.171.124: bytes=32 time=184ms TTL=239
Ping statistics for 126.96.36.199: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 184ms, Maximum = 275ms, Average = 238ms_
If the server is not reachable work with networking team to check if there is firewall blocking this server or if there are DNS issues.
If the server is reachable create a support ticket to work with HVR support.