How To: Determine the HVR Hub Fingerprint
Consider HUB fingerprint as a unique identifier for a certain machine. It becomes necessary to generate a hub fingerprint for perpetual license key because this license is without any expiration date and hence holds some restrictions as to how many servers can run HVR.
There are two ways to generate the HUB fingerprint
1. Use Hvrfingerprint Utility
HVR should be installed on the machine
- Open command prompt utility on the same machine as the one that has HVR installed
- Execute command hvr hvrfingerprint as shown in the screen shot below.
- It will display the HUB fingerprint for you. In this case it is P974244 which is marked by red arrow
Please refer to the screen shot below to see how the HUB fingerprint is generated in command prompt.
2. Display fingerprint on the HVR console
HVR should be installed on the machine.
- Open HVR Interface
- Connect to the HUB
- There will be a third column for HUB Fingerprint
Please refer the screen shot below to see how the HUB Fingerprint is represented in the GUI.
This fingerprint should be provided to the license management or support team when requested in order to generate the correct license key for that machine.