How to perform an HVR upgrade
Local Data Processing
Any time you perform an HVR upgrade, it is recommended that you download and review the release notes as well as the HVR documentation page for any specific upgrade instructions. There are times when additional steps may be required between versions.
In general, upgrading HVR from one version to another is a fairly simple process. In short, stop all replication services, then unzip the contents of the installation bundle into the same installation directory as used by the previous HVR environments, then start all services again. While we support having a mix of HVR versions between your source/hub/target installations, for best practices, upgrade all HVR instances at the same time.
It is best to ensure you have a backout plan which includes having your running release bundle (or backup your current HVR directory) and export of your hub. It is also best practice to upgrade the agents and the hub together. If this is not possible, perform the upgrades to the agents first and then your HVR hub.
Here is a quick summary of the steps:
- Stop all running replication jobs by stopping the HVR Scheduler service/daemon
- Stop the HVR Remote Listener on all agent/hub instances
- Export your entire hub to provide a backup for your channel definitions and locations
- Unzip and uncompress the installation distribution bundle into the HVR_HOME directory
- Repeat step 4 on all HVR instances
- Regenerate all scripts and jobs
- Start the HVR Remote Listener on all agents/hub instances
- Start the HVR Scheduler service