This package enriches your Fivetran data by doing the following:
- Adds descriptions to tables and columns that are synced using Fivetran
- Adds freshness tests to source data
- Adds column-level testing where applicable. For example, all primary keys are tested for uniqueness and non-null values.
- Models staging tables, which will be used in our transform package
A Fivetran NetSuite Analytics connector, with the following tables synced:
This package contains staging models, designed to work simultaneously with our netsuite transformation package. The staging models:
- Remove any rows that are soft-deleted
- Name columns consistently across all packages:
- Boolean fields are prefixed with
- Timestamps are appended with
- Columns are renamed to fit consistency of other fields. For example, the accounts accountnumber field is renamed to account_number.
- Boolean fields are prefixed with
Include in your
packages: - package: fivetran/netsuite_source version: [">=0.4.0", "<0.5.0"]
By default, this package will run using your target database and the
netsuite schema. If this is not where your netsuite data is (perhaps your netsuite schema is
netsuite_fivetran), add the following configuration to your
... vars: netsuite_source: netsuite_database: your_database_name netsuite_schema: your_schema_name
This package includes all source columns defined in the macros folder. To add additional columns to this package, do so using our pass-through column variables. This is extremely useful if you’d like to include custom fields to the package.
... vars: netsuite_source: accounts_pass_through_columns: ['new_custom_field', 'we_can_account_for_that'] classes_pass_through_columns: ['class_is_in_session', 'pass_through_additional_fields_here'] departments_pass_through_columns: ['department_custom_fields'] transactions_pass_through_columns: ['transactions_can_be_custom','pass_this_transaction_field_on'] transaction_lines_pass_through_columns: ['transaction_lines_field'] customers_pass_through_columns: ['customers_field'] locations_pass_through_columns: ['this_new_location','lets_also_add_this_location_field'] subsidiaries_pass_through_columns: ['subsidiaries_field'] consolidated_exchange_rates_pass_through_columns: ['this_exchange_rate','that_exchange_rate']
Changing the Build Schemalink
By default this package will build the Netsuite staging models within a schema titled (<target_schema> +
_stg_netsuite) in your target database. If this is not where you would like your Netsuite staging data to be written to, add the following configuration to your
... models: netsuite_source: +schema: my_new_schema_name # leave blank for just the target_schema
Additional contributions to this package are very welcome! Please create issues
or open PRs against
main. Check out
on the best workflow for contributing to a package.
This package has been tested on BigQuery, Snowflake and Redshift.
- Provide feedback on our existing dbt packages or what you’d like to see next
- Have questions, feedback, or need help? Book a time during our office hours here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find all of Fivetran’s pre-built dbt packages in our dbt hub
- Learn how to orchestrate your models with Fivetran Transformations for dbt Core™
- Learn more about Fivetran overall in our docs
- Check out Fivetran’s blog
- Learn more about dbt in the dbt docs
- Check out Discourse for commonly asked questions and answers
- Join the chat on Slack for live discussions and support
- Find dbt events near you
- Check out the dbt blog for the latest news on dbt’s development and best practices