Follow our setup guide to connect Google Analytics 4 to Fivetran.
To connect Google Analytics 4 to Fivetran, you need a Google User account with permissions to access Google Analytics accounts with Google Analytics 4 properties you’d like to sync.
IMPORTANT: You must use a Google Analytics 4 property.
Set up Fivetran connectorlink
- Enter your chosen destination schema name in the connector setup form.
- Click Authorize with Google and log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Select how many months of reporting data you’d like to include in your initial sync.
- Choose the sync mode: Sync All Accounts or Sync Specific Accounts.
- Select the accounts that you’d like to sync.
- Select the properties that you’d like to sync.
- Click Add report.
- Enter your chosen destination table name. It must be unique within this connector and must comply with Fivetran’s naming conventions.
NOTE: Give the table a name you will find easy to identify with the report in the future. When you want to enable or disable the sync for a particular report once it is set up, you will do so by selecting its table in the connector’s schema tab.
- Select the Configuration Type: Pre-built Report or Custom Report.
- If you choose Use Pre-built Report, select one of the available prebuilt reports you’d like to sync.
- If you choose Use Custom Report, select the dimensions and metrics that you’d like to sync.
- (Optional) Set the Show Advanced Options toggle to ON if you want to customize reports by the selected parameters. Skip the next two bullet points if you do not want to use the advanced options.
- In the Filter field name field, enter the exact name of the dimension that you want to filter on.
- In the Filter value field, enter the dimension value. This ensures that the report is filtered on the selected dimension.
- Click OK to save the report.
- If you want to add another report, repeat steps 7 — 13.
- Click Save & Test.
Start initial synclink
When you create your connector, it will be paused. Follow these steps to start your initial sync:
- In your Fivetran dashboard, go to your new connector’s Schema tab.
- Review the schema and configure the tables that will be synced.
- In the top right corner of the connector page, switch the toggle from Paused to Enabled.
Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your Google Analytics account.
Limits on querieslink
date dimension is required because the reports are synced by day.
Not all dimensions and metrics can be queried together. Only certain dimensions and metrics can be used together to create valid combinations. Our connector setup form will ensure combinations are valid. However, checking yourself beforehand will avoid any surprises.
Use these Google resources to pick your metrics and dimensions:
Review dimension or metric description with GA4 Dimensions & Metrics Explorer.
Use the GA4 Query Explorer to review the report yielded by a given combination of dimensions and metrics.