The data ingested by my Google Analytics 360 connector lands at sporadic times in my destination.
Configure the sync frequency of the connector to be sufficiently high to capture intraday files as soon as they become available.
Our Google Analytics 360 connector uses Google’s BigQuery export functionality to ingest Google Analytics 360 data from BigQuery in batches. The Google Analytics 360 data is written to BigQuery in at least four batches per day:
- One provides a full file of the previous day’s data - this is called the daily file
- At least three are exported during the day with the current days’ data - these are called intraday files
NOTE: Contact our support team if you don’t want to sync intraday files.
We read all of these files to ensure data integrity, but, as a result of the batching from Google Analytics 360 to BigQuery, the minimum frequency at which you see data being ingested from Google Analytics 360 is every 6 hours.
Fivetran uses the intraday tables to give you the data with as much completeness as possible throughout the day, but also uses the daily report to ensure the data is correct as of the last report.
NOTE: There is no exact time for the availability of Google Analytics 360 data in BigQuery.
- Fivetran only reads intraday tables up to 4 GB in size; outside of this, we only ingest the daily file
- Each intraday file is overwritten by the subsequent intraday file, except for the last intraday file. The last intraday file is overwritten by the daily file
- Fivetran’s built-in idempotence ensures that if a row appears in multiple files within the day due to a long-running session, then that row will be updated in the destination with the latest data based on the last file ingested