Connector: Google Ads
To find the names of the city, country, or region, do the following:
Make sure that your Report definition contains the following relevant segments and attributes fields from Google:
- geographic_view.country_criterion_id / user_location_view.country_criterion_id
You have the following options:
If you choose to enable metadata tables, make sure that
campaign_criterion_historymetadata tables are selected in your schema tab.
If you choose to download the list of geo targets from Google:
- Download the list of geo targets from Google
- Create the list as a table in your Google Ads destination schema.
- In your Fivetran dashboard, click Uploads and then click + Schema.
- Enter your existing destination’s Schema Name.
- Enter the Table name.
- Click Create Table.
left joinoperation in your destination to link them with the following fields:
<google-ads-schema>.<geo-performance-report-table>.<geo_target_city> = <google-ads-schema>.<geotargets-table>.<id>
NOTE: Report segments contain
geo_target, which has the
Google’s API doesn’t provide the location name as an available field for the Geographic View.