Follow our setup guide to connect Box to Fivetran.
To connect Box to Fivetran, you need:
- A Box account
- A Box folder containing files with supported file types and encodings
- The URL of your Box folder that you want to sync
- The ability to grant Fivetran permission to read and write from this account
Begin Fivetran configurationlink
In the connector setup form, enter the Destination schema name of your choice.
Enter your Folder URL. Make sure your URL looks similar to the one illustrated below and doesn’t have any extra characters after the folder ID. The URL specifies the folder path in your Box account in which you’d like Fivetran to look for files. We examine any files under the specified folder, except the nested subfolders, for files we can sync.
Click Authorize. You will be redirected to your Box account to authorize Fivetran’s access.
- Log in to your Box account.
- Click Grant access to the Box to authorize Fivetran’s read and write access. Once you have finished, you will be redirected back to Fivetran.
NOTE: Make sure that your Box folder is not empty. We can’t sync empty folders.
Finish Fivetran configurationlink
Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your Box account.