Follow our setup guide to connect Salesforce Marketing Cloud to Fivetran.
To connect Salesforce Marketing Cloud to Fivetran, you need a Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.
IMPORTANT: The Salesforce API cannot return data for child business unit accounts. You need to log in to the account you want to use for your connector when you create and configure the installed package.
Obtain Client ID and Client Secret link
Log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.
In the upper right corner, select your user name to open the drop-down menu, and select Setup.
On the left navigation pane, go to Platform Tools > Apps > Installed Packages.
Click New to create a new package. Enter a name and click Save.
Select your new package from the list of packages to go to its detail page.
In the Components section, select Add Component.
Select API Integration as your component type and click Next.
Select Server-to-Server as your integration type.
Give Read permissions to Email, OTT, Push, SMS, Social, Web, Documents and Images, Saved Content, and Journeys.
Find your Client ID, Client Secret, and subdomain in the Components section of your package details page. (After you create a new component, you will be taken to that page automatically.)
Your subdomain is part of the base URIs. The URIs have the same subdomain. For example, the Authentication Base URI is in the format
Make a note of your Client ID, Client Secret, and subdomain. You will need them to configure Fivetran.
Find Marketing Cloud Instancelink
In your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account, find your Marketing Cloud ID (MID).
Follow this link and enter your MID. You will find your instance (s1, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8, s10 or s50) below.
Finish Fivetran Configurationlink
- Enter your chosen destination schema name in the connector setup form.
- Enter your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Client ID and Secret that you found in Step 1.
- Select the instance on which your Marketing Cloud account runs from the drop down menu.
- Set the Is Enhanced Installed Package toggle to ENABLED to indicate that your package uses OAuth 2.0.
- Enter your subdomain that you found in Step 1.
- Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.