Follow our setup guide to connect Anaplan to Fivetran.
To connect Anaplan to Fivetran, you need an Anaplan account with permissions to run export actions.
Create export definitionslink
Open the desired module, list, or grid you want to sync.
Select Data > Export at the tool panel.
In the export panel, configure your settings as follows:
- File type: Comma Separated Values (.csv)
- Layout: Tabular Single Column
- What to Include Exclude: Omit empty rows
Select Save Export Definition and give it a unique name.
Repeat these steps for every module, list, or grid you want to sync.
NOTE: We strongly advise that you follow these instructions:
- use a separate Anaplan account for Fivetran
- create exports with unique names without any special characters
- keep these exports private to the selected user account.
Finish Fivetran configurationlink
In the connector setup form, enter your chosen destination schema name.
Choose the authentication method: Basic or Certificate.
Provide the following credentials for your Anaplan account:
- Basic authentication: the username and password
- Certificate authentication: the PEM and KEY files
Click Login to save and test your credentials.
Choose the sync mode: Sync All Exports or Sync Specific Exports. If you choose Sync Specific Exports, you must select which exports you would like to sync.
Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your Anaplan account.