You need to change the destination you are syncing data to through Fivetran. This could be because you are switching providers (ex: Snowflake to BigQuery) or because you are changing the region your destination is in. This requires a complete data migration from one destination to another.
We recommend a phased approach that allows you to seamlessly migrate your data without any downtime to reporting or analytics that Fivetran data is powering. It is not possible to move a connector from one destination to another without doing a historical re-sync.
- Create a new Fivetran destination
- Re-create all active connectors in new destination
- Use Fivetran API to Clone Connectors
- If you have many connectors that you need to copy to a new destination or are not familiar with using our API, please reach out to support for Fivetran assistance
- Initiate historical sync for new connectors
- Validate data in new destination
- Update your production reporting and analytics to use data from the new destination
- Disable connectors in old destination
- Prioritize database connectors and other application connectors that will sync large amounts of data and will take longer to complete a historical sync
- Compare counts by date between destinations
- Ensure no connectors have had version upgrades by checking Release Notes
- If you need to migrate more than 20 connectors to a new destination, the Fivetran Support team may be able to help you do that on the backend.