Follow our setup guide to connect Panoply to Fivetran.
To connect Panoply to Fivetran, you need the following:
- A functional Panoply account
- Permission to connect as an Admin user
- Fivetran role with the Create Destinations or Manage Destinations permissions
Find standard JDBC connection detailslink
- Log in to your Panoply account.
- In the navigation menu, click BI Connection.
- In the Connection Details page, find your connection details. Make a note of the details. You will need them to configure Fivetran.
Complete Fivetran configurationlink
- Log in to your Fivetran account.
- Go to the Manage Account page.
- In the Destinations tab, click +Destination.
- On the Add Destination To Fivetran page, enter a Destination Name of your choice.
- Click Add Destination.
- Select Panoply as the destination type.
- In the destination setup form, enter the Host name you found in Step 1.
- Enter the Port number you found in Step 1.
- Enter the User name you found in Step 1.
- Enter your Password.
- Enter the Database name you found in Step 1.
- Choose the Data processing location. Depending on the plan you are on and your selected cloud service provider, you may also need to choose a Cloud service provider and AWS region as described in our Destinations documentation.
- Choose your Timezone.
- Click Save & Test.
Fivetran tests and validates the Panoply connection. On successful completion of the setup tests, you can sync your data using Fivetran connectors to the Panoply destination.
Fivetran performs the following Panoply connection tests:
- The Database Host Connection Test validates the database credentials you provided in the setup form. The test verifies that the host is not private and then checks the connectivity to the host.
- The Connection Test connects to your database instance and executes queries to check if we have the permissions to access the
NOTE: The tests may take a couple of minutes to finish running.