Once your 14-day free account trial has ended and your account is active, every new connector that you create in your dashboard has 14 days of use at no cost. This 14-day free use period automatically applies to all new connectors, irrespective of their type. You can have multiple new connector free use periods running simultaneously in your account.
NOTE: No MAR from a connector that is active within the free use period will contribute to your usage during those 14 days.
Every connector that was created during your 14-day account trial is converted to a paying (non-free) connector once you become a customer. This includes connectors that were created later in the trial and have not yet been running for 14 days.
MAR and usage estimatelink
We provide a MAR and usage estimate during the free use period so that you can see what your new connectors may cost. After the first seven continuous days of the connector’s activity, you will receive an estimate of your monthly MAR (monthly active rows) and usage for the connector. For example, if you create a connector on September 29 and use it continuously, your estimate will be available on October 6.
NOTE: We strongly advise that you do not pause a connector during the free use period because if you do, we will not have enough consumption data to provide an estimate in a timely manner.
The MAR and usage estimate is a range that includes your new connector’s estimated MAR, along with a 20% margin above and below the estimated value. For example, if your connector’s estimated MAR is 55M, you will see an estimate of 44M-66M. This margin of error accounts for the differences you may see in your actual consumption.
To calculate the MAR and usage estimate, we apply a predictive model to the connector’s usage and the growth rate of your MAR during the first seven days of the free use period. We do not include re-syncs in the calculation. We developed this predictive model using historical data across all our customers and their connectors to ensure its accuracy.
View free use status in Fivetranlink
On the Status page of your Fivetran dashboard, you can see general information about the free use period in the free use period chart. This chart can be expanded or collapsed by clicking the arrow-down or arrow-up button, respectively.
The free use period chart displays the following information:
- The daily MAR numbers during the free use period are displayed as a bar chart. Hover over each bar to see the date and the MAR number for the relevant day of the free use period.
- The free use period end date.
- The number of days left until the end of the free use period.
- The monthly MAR and usage estimates, available after seven continuous days of use. These seven days are used to gather the daily MAR and usage data we require to calculate the estimates. If your estimate is not ready yet, this field displays the number of days before the estimate is available.
- A Keep this connector running after the free use period toggle that lets you either keep your connector running after the free use period or pause it once the free use period is over.
You get one 14-day free use period per destination schema name and connector type pairing.
For example, let’s say you create a new Jira connector and name its destination schema
test. You later delete this connector. It doesn’t matter if you delete that connector during or after the free use period, nor does it matter how many days you used it. If you create another Jira connector with the destination schema name
test, that connector will not qualify for 14 days of free use.