You are looking to programmatically create connectors at scale without manually using the Fivetran UI.
Common use cases for this are:
- Powered by Fivetran
- Enterprise: Different Business Units
Our REST API is a crucial aspect of limiting manual work for setting up dozens or hundreds of connectors.
- Find your desired Connector Config for the source you need to sync
- Under the request body from the Create a Connector endpoint—replace the "config" with the specific connector’s config from step 1
- Change any payload parameters in the request body to the desired service, group_id, etc.
- Send a POST request to the Create a Connector endpoint shown in step 2
- Validate that the new connector has been created by validating that you've received the correct HTTP 201 response from Fivetran’s REST API
- (Optional) Send a PATCH request to the Modify a Connector endpoint as needed for making additional changes to any of:
- Sync frequency (auto or manual)
- Config parameters
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for setting up additional sources
- Our REST API is only available in Standard and Enterprise plans only
- Powered by Fivetran customers can leverage this process in a programmatic method to implement a smooth customer onboarding process for all of your service applications or databases.