You have multiple sources of data that you want to write to the same schema in your destination.
Approach 1: Create Multiple Destinations in Fivetran
- Create a new destination for every source of data you require to write to the same schema; ensure this destination uses the same warehouse credentials each time
- Create a connector in each destination with the same schema name
Approach 2: Combine Schemas Post-Load
- Use a single destination
- Create connectors with unique schema names
- Transform data post-load using a command that best fits your use-case or requirements
Fivetran enforces a unique schema name within a single destination.
The comparison between the approaches is:
- Approach 1: the burden of management
- Approach 2: latency to land data within a single schema
Your understanding of the effect on your business should determine which approach is best for you.