What is required to set up a VPN for a database connector?
Connectors: Database connectors
Please note this is only available at our Enterprise tier. If you are not on the enterprise tier, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Account Executive for more details. However, if you are on the Enterprise tier please contact our Customer Support team who will assist you in setting up a VPN configuration.
Fivetran will set up a VPN Gateway tunnel to your VPN Gateway, then route all data traffic through a Fivetran-owned SSH host inside of the tunnel. In order to speed up the process, please make sure you provide the following details:
- The external IP address of your VPN Gateway
- Internal IP address(es) of Database servers for Fivetran to replicate
- IKE version (v1 or v2) to be used for the Tunnel connection
- Shared key for connection (optional). Fivetran may also generate this key
- A subnet is suitable for Fivetran to use in the tunnel. This subnet may not interfere with other subnets on your network. The default is 10.128.0.0/29
The remainder of the setup will be completed by Customer Support.