You would like to create a VPN set up for your Fivetran database connectors but you are not sure what steps are involved.
Database connectors, Enterprise Tier only.
- If you are not on the enterprise tier, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager/ Account Executive to have your account upgraded.
- Once you are on the Enterprise tier, please reach out to Customer Support who will assist you in setting up a VPN configuration.
- Fivetran will set up a VPN Gateway tunnel to your VPN Gateway, then route all data traffic through a Fivetran-owned SSH host inside of the tunnel. In order to speed up the process, please make sure you provide the following details:
- External IP address of your VPN Gateway
- Internal IP address(es) of Database servers for Fivetran to replicate
- IKE version (v1 or v2) to be used for the Tunnel connection
- Shared key for connection (optional). Fivetran may also generate this key
- A subnet suitable for Fivetran to use in the tunnel. This subnet may not interfere with other subnets on your network. The default is 10.128.0.0/29
- The remainder of the set up will be completed by Customer Support.
- There are no specific SLA's for VPN.