While connecting a Database connector via SSH Tunnel, the following error appears:
com.fivetran.port.TunnelableConnectionException: Auth fail
There are a few potential issues that may cause this error. Please follow the checklist below:
- Make sure that the public key from your connector's setup form matches exactly in your
- Set the correct permissions for the
- Make sure that the entry
sshd_configfile is including the
Note: This can be accomplished with the line:
For more information, please visit our Documentation.
Set permissionschmod 600 authorized_keys
Using your favorite text editor, add the public SSH key from the database setup page in your Fivetran dashboard to the
authorized_keysfile. The key must be all on one line. Make sure that you don’t introduce any line breaks when cutting and pasting. The public SSH key is generated uniquely for each Fivetran destination.
authorized_keysfile is in the wrong location.
- The public key does not match what you've inputted in the
- The permissions have not been set correctly for the
- The sshd is not accepting ssh-rsa key types.