How do I resolve "Revalidate TLS Certificate" task notifications?
Connector: Database connectors
To revalidate the TLS certificate, please complete the following steps:
- In your Fivetran dashboard, select the Destination or Connector that has a task warning.
- Select the Test Connection option
Note: For connectors, the Test Connection option is in Setup page
- You will be prompted in a popup window to accept a TLS certificate - please follow the instruction to accept the certificate. Note: If uncertain which certificate please refer
- Upon a successful connection, the task will be remove.
If your connector still fails to reconnect with an error message, you might need to force the prompt of the new TLS Certificate:
1. Go to Manage Account > Settings
2. Scroll down to section Validated Certificates & Keys
3. Delete the certificate trusted for this connector
4. Repeat the steps to revalidate.
TLS certificate revalidation tasks can be caused by:
- Database reboots that resets the certificate.
- An expired certificate
- A modified certificate
TLS certificates have an expiration date or are renewed by your DB service. When the certificates are not issued by you, and managed by your DB service, these are normally self-signed certificates.
Self-signed certificates do not have a well known Certification Authority (CA), and for security reasons, we need you to trust these for your account. Once the certificate is trusted, we will remember it as long as it is not expired.