Understanding how the Webhooks connector affects MAR
Webhooks Connector Overview
- Webhooks are event connectors, so every row synced by Fivetran represents a new event.
- Webhooks are appended only, each new row is appended to a table in the destination warehouse. No row updates or deletes can occur with a webhook connector.
- Webhooks do not allow Fivetran to sync your historical data. We can only capture data from your connection date forward.
What Contributes Towards MAR?
There is 1 primary action that will contribute toward MAR:
- A new event occurs on your website or app and the HTTP request sends that data to the URL configured with your webhook
Managing MAR for this Connector
- You have total control over what is sent to your endpoint, so you can exclude source data by simply not generating unwanted records.
- Given that webhooks never perform updates to records, you can archive/delete data in your destination warehouse to reduce storage costs
- Ensure quality data is being sent to the endpoint, unnecessary events can cause significant spikes in MAR for data that is used. When we encounter events that cannot be parsed (such as incomplete data) we skip those events and alert the user.