Understanding how Facebook Ad Insights affects MAR
Facebook Ad Insights Connector Overview
- Facebook Ad Insights uses the aggregation_field, level_id, and breakdowns (that is, date, ad_id, and age) to create a synthetic primary key. MAR for these tables is based on their synthetic primary keys.
What Contributes Towards MAR?
There are 5 primary actions that will contribute toward MAR:
- The number of accounts synced (Sync All Accounts vs. Sync Specific Accounts)
- Historical Sync
- Aggregation (Hour vs. day vs. month)
- Number of Breakdowns, Action Breakdowns and Fields
- Attribution Windows (under advanced options)
Managing MAR for this Connector
- If the primary key changes type, it doesn't affect MAR. Similarly, in a table without a primary key, if the columns from which we generate synthetic (hash) primary key change data type, it also doesn't affect MAR.
- In a table without a primary key, removing or adding columns from which we generate the synthetic primary key does affect MAR.
- The Historical Sync Timeframe (6 months vs 3 months) will impact MAR on a full re-sync and you cannot modify this once the connector is created.
- Aggregation (Hour, Day, Month) cannot be changed once a connection has been created. The more granular the aggregation window will increase MAR.
- Breakdowns and Action Breakdowns combined with date range or level of report (campaign, Ad) can increase MAR because the more you add, the more attributes (dimensions) are being included in the report to track data per campaign, where Multiple attributes can have data per user’s engagement with an FB post or content. (ex. action_type, age, and gender)
- Toggling on Advanced Options will add Action Report Time, Click Attribution Window, View Attribution Window as additional fields and will have an impact on MAR.
- The longer the Attribution Window (1 day, 7 day or 28 day) you will see an increase in MAR