It's not possible to authorize the Jira connection during setup. One of the following errors may appear:
- ERROR: "exceptionType":"java.lang.RuntimeException", "exceptionMessage":"Unable to fetch request token."
- ERROR: "Request token request failed with response: "oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown""
- ERROR: "oauth_problem=signature_invalid"
Connector: Jira Cloud
Recreating the application link should resolve the issue.
Please see the below links to Jira troubleshooting guides that may help:
- Application Links Troubleshooting Guide
- OAuth Troubleshooting Guide
- OAuth error oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown
- OAuth error oauth_problem=signature_invalid
There are a few possible causes for these issues:
- There are duplicate data in the database causing it to use different Consumer key.
- The Application Link is only configured in one direction. For example, Confluence is linked to Jira; but Jira does not have a reciprocal link to Confluence. This can be caused by a misconfigured network where one application server cannot reach the other over the connector port.
- The Application URL of the link does not match the URL that the remote application is reporting.