Splitting a connector up into multiple smaller connectors
- Log into your Fivetran Dashboard.
- Select Connectors.
- Select + Connector.
Notes: This does not increase MAR as we are syncing the same number of rows.
- Search for the connector you want to add.
- Complete the connector setup.
- Select the Schema tab for the new connector.
- Enable the specific source objects you want to sync with this connector.
Notes: This can only be done for connectors where you can edit which tables are synced in the Schema tab of the connector.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 for each connector you want to add.
Splitting a connector up into multiple smaller connector can be done for a number of reasons. This can be based on table relationships, table priorities, time to load, table size, etc.
- If there are large tables that take a long time to sync you can place those slower tables objects away from your main objects
- If there are tables that are a priority and you want to ensure they sync as quickly as possible you can isolate them in their own connector
- If there are certain relationships amongst tables and you want them to be synced together you can create separate connectors for this.