What to expect from our support team
When you continuously replicate billions of rows of data, things can go wrong. We're here 24/7 to fix them and we want to delight you in the process. You can report incidents and submit support requests by signing into Fivetran’s support portal at https://support.fivetran.com. On receiving a support request, a Fivetran support agent will be assigned to the case. The Fivetran support agents will work with you until your issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
The different types of support requests that can be raised from the support portal are:
- Connector-Specific Issue
- Non-Connector Related Issue
- Account Setup
- Feature Request
One thing that we think helps ensure a high level of service is to provide clear expectations - or a Support Service Level Agreement (SLA) - to make sure that everyone is on the same page when you submit an issue to our team. We use the following severity levels to guide the level of service that each issue receives. Severity is based on how much of the application is affected and how your business is impacted. This is an assessment of the issue’s extent without dealing with where exactly it happens. Also, this is a discussion of how severe the problem is without regard to where it falls on our to-do list.
|Urgent - 1||All or a substantial portion of your mission-critical data is at a significant risk of loss or corruption. Substantial loss of availability of the Fivetran platform.|
|High - 2||Operations can continue in a restricted fashion, although long-term productivity might be adversely affected. A major milestone is at risk. Ongoing and incremental connectors are affected. A temporary workaround is available.|
|Normal - 3||There is a medium-to-low impact on your business, but your business continues to function, including by using a procedural workaround.|
|Low - 4||There is minimal impact to your business activities, indicating a minor issue or configuration change in the Fivetran platform is required, other issues that do not affect the functionality of the Fivetran platform or cosmetic issues.|
Urgent - 1
- Connector broken (e.g. you are unable to run your business, >50% of connectors broken, connector impacted has an SLA purchase)
- Warehouse is broken (e.g. Fivetran-managed BigQuery Warehouse)
Note: Any Urgent issue can be downgraded in severity once a workaround is available.
High - 2
- Major functionality is broken or misbehaving (Setup problem / access issues (e.g. user error, check the spam folder, permission issue with `fivetran` user))
- Data integrity (e.g. mismatch between source and destination, empty table not syncing)
- Connector Broken (e.g. are we saving state, non-business impact)
- Sync delays (e.g. sync taking 2 days instead of the usual time of 3 - 4 hours)
- Warehouse is broken (e.g. Whitelist IP Address, reconnect task, setup issues)
Normal - 3
- A question about how to use a feature
- Feature request (e.g. product enhancement that is key to business)
Low - 4
- Documentation link broken.
- Display problems.
- UI issues, relay bad color choice, works differently on each page.
- Content problems, misspellings, font variance, wrong text.
The Fivetran Support team is working towards ensuring that we meet or beat 100% of our SLAs. To achieve that goal, we are currently gathering statistics, and this feature is in BETA.
To provide the promised level of support, Fivetran maintains, at all times, a sufficient number of trained and qualified support agents to perform technical support and maintenance services.
All support requests should be filed with the Fivetran support portal at https://support.fivetran.com. On receiving a request, Fivetran personnel is immediately notified and a Fivetran support agent will respond within the SLA's given below. The response will also send out an email to the ticket requester. Fivetran support agents are available 24/7 to provide support for Urgent issues as per service level guidelines below.
A Fivetran agent will respond to your request in accordance with the Severity assigned as follows.
|Severity|| Initial response within
(Starter and Standard)
|Initial response within (Enterprise)|
|Urgent-1||4 hours||1 hour|
|High-2||8 hours||4 hours|
|Normal-3||16 hours||8 hours|
|Low-4||24 hours||8 hours|
Initial Response Time:
This is the time taken by a support agent to respond via email to any issue once submitted. This does not include the automated notification via email that you receive upon issue submission.