Why is my initial sync for the database connector taking so long?
Users can identify where Fivetran is at any given time during the sync by following the steps given below:
- Click Connectors
- Click on the connecter name
- Click Logs
- Enter import_progress into the search bar
- Click Apply
- Check out the latest entry to see the current state or review old entries to track progress.
Fivetran sync times are directly proportional to various factors which include:
- The volume of data: More the data, longer the sync time (most important)
- Network Latency: The throughput bandwidth of the tunnel between Fivetran and the source
- Frequency of changes to the data: How often does the uniquely identifiable data (UID) in the tables change?
- Frequency of drops and truncate tables: How often do you drop or truncate entire tables?
From the above list, line items 3 and 4 will affect primarily the incremental sync's or initial syncs that have been going on over 6 hours.