There is a discrepancy between my warehouse data and data in the Google Ads UI. What may be causing this?
Difference in Conversions
If there is a slight difference in conversion values, then this is likely due to the the conversion window. The conversion window is not necessarily configured in the report definition, but it is the amount of time Fivetran syncs back in time for conversions.
If there are conversions beyond the time that is configured in the connector, then these will be missed that are present in the UI. If you want to avoid discrepancies like this, you will need to increase your conversion window in the Fivetran config. Please note that this will increase MAR because the connector will sync data further back in time.
Difference in Impression Counts
If the ClickType parameter is configured, then this is a likely cause. See: https://support.fivetran.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500011588081.
Missing Video or App Campaign Data
Video Campaign data is only supported in reports and not history tables. See: https://support.fivetran.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500011085742.
App Campaigns only support a small subset of reports. No data will be synced for any other report types.
Google Performance Max Report
This is not available via the Adwords API that is used by the current connector. It has recently been released for Google Ads API 9.0.
Our Google Ads API connector is available on Beta release. We are still on Google Ads API 8.1, but will implement 9.0 in the future.
Reach out to Fivetran Support to update to use the new Google Ads API. You will then be able to gain access to Google Ads API 9.0 once it is available from us.
- Ensure that your report configuration in the Google Ads UI matches exactly with the connector configuration. If there is a difference, then this may result in a difference in aggregation which may show up as a discrepancy.
- If there has been any change in report configuration, this may result in a discrepancy. If you change the report configuration, you will need to re-sync the connector to ensure there is data integrity. See: https://fivetran.com/docs/applications/google-ads#updatingdata.
- The money amount values are stored in micro-currency for certain tables. See the information below the ERD diagram in the Docs.
What to do if the above points do not explain the discrepancy?
Please submit a ticket to Fivetran Support including the following information:
- Confirmation the discrepancy is different than the above outlined known causes
- Screenshot showing the data in the Google Ads UI, including the connector configuration and specific records that show the discrepancy
- Screenshots of warehouse query and output showing the effected columns and id, _fivetran_synced, and _fivetran_deleted columns.
- Warehouse query in text