Follow our setup guide to connect SAP HANA to Fivetran.
To connect your SAP HANA account to Fivetran, you need:
- SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Schema (Database) name that you want to connect with
- A Fivetran-specific schema (for example,
- A Fivetran-specific SAP HANA user with read and write permissions
- Password for the user you are using to connect
- IP (for example,
172.16.254.2) or host (for example,
- Port (for example,
Read SAP’s Connections for Multitenant Database Containers documentation to identify the port in multitenant database containers.
- Allow Fivetran’s IPs direct access to your SAP HANA database
To connect using SSH tunnel, see our SSH connection documentation.
Create a schemalink
Log in to your SAP HANA database as an Administrator.
Create a new schema
FIVETRAN_DB, by executing the following command:
CREATE SCHEMA "FIVETRAN_DB"
Create a user in SAPlink
Create a new user by executing the following command:
CREATE USER <USERNAME> PASSWORD <PASSWORD>;
Follow these steps to assign Read, Data Definition Language (DDL), and DML access to the user:
Grant DDL and DML access to newly created user for the
FIVETRAN_DBschema. Execute the following command as
GRANT CREATE ANY ON SCHEMA FIVETRAN_DB TO <USERNAME>
Grant permission to create triggers for the new user in
YOUR_SCHEMA. Execute the following command:
GRANT SELECT, TRIGGER ON SCHEMA <YOUR_SCHEMA> TO <USERNAME>
YOUR_SCHEMAis the SAP HANA Schema (Database) name that you want to connect.
Read SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference documentation for more information.
Finish Fivetran configurationlink
In the connector setup form, enter the Destination schema name of your choice.
Enter the Host name or the IP address of the database server.
Enter the Port number.
Enter the User name you created in Step 2.
Enter the Password.
Enter the Database name.
Choose your Connection method. You can choose to Connect directly or Connect via an SSH tunnel. If you choose Connect via an SSH tunnel, enter the following details:
- SSH Host
- SSH Port
- SSH User
(Optional) Enter the testTableName of your choice.
Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your SAP HANA database.
Fivetran performs the following tests to ensure that we can connect to your SAP HANA database and that it is properly configured:
- The Connecting to Host Test validates the database credentials you provided in the setup form. It then verifies that the database host is not private and checks that we can connect to the host.
- The Connecting to Database Test checks that we can access your database.
- The Validating Fivetran Schema Test checks that you created a new schema
- The Checking Access to Schema Test checks that we have the correct permissions to access the schemas in your database. It then verifies that your database contains at least one table.