Follow our setup guide to connect Workday to Fivetran.
To connect Workday to Fivetran, you need:
- An active Workday report URL
- The username and password to access that Workday report URL
- To configure the reports as Advanced type reports to enable web service access
NOTE: You must add a separate Workday connector in your Fivetran dashboard for each report. Each Workday connector will sync its report data to its own table in your destination.
Create a new userlink
- Log in to your Workday account.
- Create a new Integration System User to download reports. Fivetran uses the Integration System User to access Custom Reports.
Create security grouplink
- In the Create Security Group window, set the Type of Tenanted Security Group to Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained).
- Enter a Security Group Name and click OK.
- In the Edit Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained) window, add the integration system user you created in Step 1 in the Integration System Users field.
- Click OK.
Add domain security policieslink
Go to Security Group Settings > Maintain Domain Permissions for Security Group.
In the Integration Permissions window, permit the domain security policies to have Get access. For example, you must permit the following for the Workers business object:
- Person Data: Work Contact Information
- Workday Accounts
- Worker Data: Active and Terminated Workers
- Worker Data: All Positions
- Worker Data: Business Title on Worker Profile
- Worker Data: Current Staffing Information
- Worker Data: Public Worker Reports
- Worker Data: Workers
- Go to the Activate Pending Security Policy Changes page and click OK.
- Click Confirm to activate.
Create custom reportlink
On the Create Custom Report page, enter the Report Name.
In the Report Type drop-down menu, select Advanced.
Select the Enable as Web Service option.
Add Data Source. Add the fields you want to sync.
NOTE: You can create one or more custom reports.
Add authorized user to reportlink
In the custom report’s Share tab, add the user you created in Step 1 in the Authorized Users field.
Finish custom report configurationlink
In each custom report’s Advanced tab, share each report to Report-as-a-WebService.
For each report, go to Actions --> Web Service --> View URLs. Make a note of the REST URL. You will need it to fill in your Fivetran connector setup form.
Test each report by pasting it into a new browser session, and log in using the Fivetran ELT web service user. If the Report XML does not display, check your user security settings.
Select the primary key(s). To track history of the report data, make a timestamp column part of the composite primary key.
Finish Fivetran configuration link
In your connector setup form, enter the Destination schema name of your choice.
Enter the Destination table name of your choice.
Enter the Username and Password for the Fivetran ELT user you created in Step 1.
Enter the Report URL you found in Step 7.
Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your Workday account.