Understanding how Bing Ads (Microsoft Ads) affects MAR
Bing Ads (Microsoft Ads) Connector Overview
- The Bing Ads (Microsoft Ads) connector syncs a blend of standard tables and reporting tables into the destination.
- Customers can sync one or multiple accounts depending on how many accounts they are trying to replicate in their warehouse.
- This connector leverages a priority first sync at the reporting table level to help bring the latest data along with the historical data.
- There is an option to select how many months of data to include in the initial sync.
- Customers can also specify an attribution window which dictates how we aggregate reports.
- The USER_LOCATION_PERFORMANCE_DAILY_REPORT & USER_LOCATION_PERFORMANCE_HOURLY_REPORT will spike at the beginning of the month.
What Contributes Towards MAR?
There are 5 primary actions that will contribute toward MAR:
- Number of accounts syncing
- Number of reporting tables syncing
- Historical syncs
- Daily and Hourly reports
- Months included in historical sync and Attribution window selected
Managing MAR for this Connector
- When setting up the connector, customers can choose the accounts that they want to sync into their destination. The number of accounts could significantly impact MAR.
- Customers can select how many months of historical to include in the initial sync so depending on how long this takes, it could contribute to MAR if the sync lasts longer than the trial period.
- Our connector updates each row in the reporting tables that get modified, so there is a chance that we update several rows in the reporting tables each day.
- There are options for “hourly” and “daily” reports available for selection that contribute a majority of the MAR for this connector. Two reports that consistently contribute to MAR across customers are the USER_LOCATION_PERFORMANCE_DAILY_REPORT and USER_LOCATION_PERFORMANCE_HOURLY_REPORT. The high MAR tables will depend on the advertising campaigns they are running.
- Ultimately, MAR is determined by the number of reports selected by the customer. There will be spikes at the beginning of the month since we touch the rows that need to be updated. Ensure the tables selected in the schema are necessary for analytical purposes.
- It may be obvious, but historical syncs will dramatically impact MAR.