Understanding how the Mailchimp Support connector affects MAR
Mailchimp Connector Overview
The sync strategy ensures that every table has the most recent data, and that your historical email activity fills in over time:
- Sync everything except email activities by iteratively querying the Mailchimp API 3.0.
- Prioritize the email activity exports based on the amount of email activity that has yet to be synced.
- Export the highest priority email activities using Batch Operations.
- After 8 hours, finish and record how far back historical email activities are synced to.
- When you delete a list member in Mailchimp, their activity (sent, open, click, bounce) is deleted as well. Because of this, the data Fivetran delivers will sum to slightly less than the aggregate reporting in Mailchimp's dashboard.
- Unsubscribes are also captured in the unsubscribe table, which indicates the campaign or automation email which triggered the list member to unsubscribe. The campaign_id is a foreign key reference to the id field of both the campaign and automation_email tables.
- If enabled, the segment_member table is only updated once per day.
- Fivetran excludes ORGANIZATION_MEMBERSHIP and AUDIT_LOG tables from the sync by default because it can be a large table and may degrade performance.If you wish to sync these tables go to the Schema tab of your Fivetran dashboard and select the tables.
What Contributes Towards MAR?
The main tables that contribute most to MAR are campaign_recipient , campaign_recipient_activity and segment_member
The primary actions that will contribute toward MAR are :
- Creating new segments/ lists and
- Running new campaigns
Running new campaigns are the main source of MAR by registering the return of these campaigns (email activities) in campaign_recipient_activity and segment_member tables. And updating existing records.
Managing MAR for this Connector
- Be aware of campaigns that are targeting long lists as each targeted email will contribute toward MAR in campaign_recipient and campaign_recipient_activity tables.
- The segment_member table is disabled by default, only enable it if that data is needed.
- Expect high MAR at the start of each month if your campaigns include most of your contacts. The MAR would be more spread across the month if you run rather many targeted campaigns.