Find out how you can implement transformation logic on your data to ensure it is fit for purpose for analysis. You may need to decide if you should set up Fivetran Transformations or dbt Transformations.
When to use Fivetran Transformations
Use Fivetran Transformations in the following circumstances;
- Your transformations are simple, quick and easy to implement.
- Your transformations have a reasonable amount of SQL Code (~50 lines).
- You do not need to build out a broad program of transformations.
When to use dbt Transformations
Use dbt Transformations in the following circumstances;
- You require a scalable, robust and modular approach to your transformations.
- You require full version control, alerting and logging for your transformations.
- You have complex workflows in place that involve transformations.
- You require Documentation and diagrams such as Data Lineage Graphs to track your transformations.