This article contains information and FAQs on Jira Custom Fields and Field tables.
Syncing all Jira Custom Fields
Please reach out to Fivetran Support to enable the sync of all Jira Custom Fields. They are not synced by default as some fields are returned in their raw format.
This allows syncing the unknown fields and their history items in raw format (JSON, string). It may have negative effects because we fetch the current values from the history items if they exist.
Jira field tables explained
- field - Contains the standard field data such as id, name, if it is custom, and if it is an array field.
- issue_field_history - We sync all values from the custom non-array fields and their history items to a single
- issue_multiselect_history - We sync all values from the array fields and their history items to a single
- field_option - Contains data for drop-down fields / cascading select fields in Jira issues. The
parent_idcolumn refers to the parent value.
- Why are some of the field tables not present in the warehouse?
- If some of these tables are not present in your warehouse then this type of field data has not been synced yet from Jira as you may not have this type of field.
- Is historical data synced for custom fields?
- After Fivetran has enabled the sync of custom fields, you will need to historically sync your Jira connectors to sync the historical data for the custom fields. Please bear in mind that this historical sync will incur MAR for all rows.
- Some fields have not synced following the historical sync
It may be that the custom field is a data type that we do not support. WARNING messages in the logs will look like this (custom field number varies):
"message":"Couldn't find a type for field customfield_10007 value...
If you want to sync this type of field, please Submit a Feature Request. If it is a critical field for your use of the connector, please submit a request Fivetran Support and explain your use case.