Use Case / Scenario:
You’d like to see your Fivetran Notifications within your Slack workspace so that you can ensure your team doesn’t miss notifications related to your critical pipelines.
While Fivetran does not offer a Slack app, you can achieve this functionality by using the Slack Email app. Slack’s Email app automatically routes emails to the channel or direct message in Slack that you specify.
- Navigate to the Email app page in the Slack App Directory.
- Click Install, or Add Configuration if the app has already been installed in your workspace.
- In the Post to Channel section, select the channel or direct message you want to post emails to.
- Click Add Email Integration to add the integration.
- After the integration has been successfully created, you can further define the integration’s settings. Update the label, name, icon, or preview message as desired, clicking Save Integration when finished.
Copy the Email Address from the top of the page.
7. Add the Slack email address to your Fivetran custom notification list by:
- Log in to your Fivetran dashboard as an Admin user
- Click Users from the left-hand navigation, then click +User
- Give your user a name, i.e. "Slack Notification"
- Paste the Slack-generated email address
- Save user details
- You will receive a notification to your Slack channel that your user has been created.